Monday, December 4, 2017

41st Week ReCap



Its December!!!!


Family and Friends Happy days and happy weeks I love you all. What a special time of the year it is becoming! Fun of all the good things that truly light the world! Well this week was awesome and one of the best! I feel great and I’m so happy to be where I am during this time of the year, here serving others. Well let’s jump into it.


  So really quick something I forgot to mention last week... I taught the primary class here in our ward!!! Well I taught it with Elder Bradley, but it was awesome the kids are just like the kids back home and maybe a little crazier haha.

 It was super amazing though, kids are so special they are the perfect example to us all they truly are. We taught them about missionary work and they knew so much. I can say that they know so much more then I did when I was that age and they are so special. Well that’s all I forgot about that week and I don’t know how I did because it was like the best part!

  Ok on to this last week. So, this week was amazing, I can truly testify that obedience and following the lord’s directions is the path for success. I don’t think I have ever seen so many miracles in a short amount of time in my life or here on my mission in seeing the Lords hand every single day.
Let me tell you he leads us every second of the day if we let him and this work is truly his and he helps us so much.  I know that without him and my Father in Heaven I would be nothing and I wouldn’t be able to do any of this work here.

I saw him lead us to many people this week who needed us. One of the coolest being that as we were coming home from the metro on the bus I had an impression to get off the bus a couple stops earlier than normal. So, I told Elder Bradley and he was ok with it so we did. So, we ended up being in a part of our area we have never been in, Elder Bradley asks where I want to go so I start to think. Then bam I have a thought that pops in my head to cross this busy street and go down this random road, so we do it.

 So, we are walking down this road and he asks me again where I wanted to go now, and I wasn’t sure at first but as we started walking down the road we past this old man working with card board boxes.
 So right when I see him something goes off in my head him, its him, help him and talk to him, so we do.
As we talked to this man he opened up and he tells us that this last Sunday not even a week ago his wife had passed away. I felt the spirt so strong as he told us that and I was kind of shocked that the first person we contacted and the exact person we were led to had that happen to him.
 We were able to talk to him about the plan of salvation and how he has the Savior with him here during this tough time. As we talked to him he was almost in tears and it was such an amazing experience that I knew without a doubt after I was led by the Lord’s hand to talk to him.
 I know that we are all in the spots where we are at right now for a reason. There is someone who needs us, we just have to listen and follow where the Holy Ghost tells us to go.

Oh, and this week I also got to go to a wedding of my converts woooooo! Ok so really quick there is a long story to this one, but it is very good and I’m super happy they are married now. They weren’t living together when we baptized them and just about 2 weeks ago they moved in with one another, when we heard we worked fast and got a wedding planned out and made it happen. They are converts from my last area but as I am still here in the same zone we got permission and then went.

 It was a ton of fun and a wonderful experience here in Mexico haha. I will never forget this one either for it was the first wedding I have been to here and it was awesome. There was a good turn out from the ward.  Oh, ya it was a double wedding with our zone leaders having some investigators getting married too, so they can get baptized this month haha. I guess you can say as missionaries we make all things happen and do all types of work haha. 

 Well besides the spiritual highs and the wonderful wedding, this week was super-fast and crazy. Everyday seems to go by faster and faster and the weeks feel truly like days.

Today we had our Zone activity and it was awesome. We have 2 professional Chefs in our zone so for our zone activities they cook for us and it was super good. I usually try to help them also, so I can learn a few things for when I get back to the states, so I can still eat my good Mexican food haha.

We have interview with President McArthur tomorrow so of course that will be amazing and then this is week 6 of the change so that means it’s time for changes again. We will get the change phone call on Sunday night. So next Monday I will know if I’m staying or going and who my companion will be if I change at all.

Life is amazing. Life is a blessing also and every day is a new experience and a new opportunity to follow the Lords path.
 Don’t forget the same simple things though that will truly build our foundation of success.

 I love you all and hope you have an awesome week. Also to all who sent me packages you guys are all amazing and I love you so so much.
Thanks for all your examples you are a light in this world to all.

Serve others and love the work!

Love Elder Davis!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...