Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 35 ReCap


8 months, smiling and loving everything



WOOOOOO!!!!! Well hi everyone I hope you guys had a fantastic and special week. I hope you could feel my love and my prayers, that you may feel my love for each one of you also. I also hope you guys were able to stay positive and feel the love that the Savior has for each one of you because you are all children of our Father in Heaven and he loves all of you.





   So, this week was an adventure and the best week of my mission work and result wise but also the first week in my mission that I got sick actually. ha.

 So, it all started Tuesday where we were able to get to work and put in a lot of good work that turned out good for us. I loved the opportunities I had this week to meet so many new people who wanted to listen to our message and accepted our invitation to listen to a message that can help change their lives.



Oh, something funny also that happened this week was that being American here in my new’ish area is paying off for us I guess haha. We had about 8 people come up to us just to ask me if I could speak English and then they asked why I was here and all that stuff that you could imagine they would ask an American. Well we turned each one of those people and opportunities turned into opportunities to speak to them about the gospel. I was really able to bear my testimony to them about why I’m here. I was able to tell them that I’m here for them because I know they are so so special to their Father in Heaven. That they are never alone and that there is a plan for each one of them that is only for them.



It really built my testimony of all that I was able to share to them by the spirit and I hope each one of you knows that the same is for all of you. So, we ended up having 24 new people accept our invitation and our schedule was full everyday with lots of work to do. We also had a really good turnout at church this week with 7 people coming. I love each one of them along with 5 of them having baptism dates for the upcoming weeks.



Also I had the privilege of BAPTISING this week woooooo! What a blessing that was and it was a beautiful experience and her name is Erica. She is a 19-year-old girl and is awesome, it has been a privilege of ours to work with her and see her grow. 



   Well really quick my sick story haha. So ya Saturday I completed 8 months on my mission and Saturday my body decided to celebrate in a way that was unexpected. So, I’m pretty sure it was something I ate the night before, but I woke up Saturday morning feeling like I had to throw up. It was one of the worst feelings I have had. So, I tried haha but I couldn’t in the morning and the mission life doesn’t stop and we had work to do so I said a prayer and we went to work. The meeting we had to go to with our investigator was really important and it was the last meeting with Erica before her baptism interview. So, I made it through the meeting and then I had to go by bus to another area to help them out there. Well the bus ride killed me, and I was done for half way through the ride which is an hour by bus. So, I sat by a window praying that I could make it off the bus because oh man there was a lot of people on the bus and I didn’t want to make others sick haha. So, we got closer and closer and I was just trying to focus on one spot on the floor of the bus.

Well pray works my family and friends because I made if off the bus and then 15 secs later and legit took about 5 steps away from the bus my sickness came out of me and I threw up to celebrate 8 months hahaha.

Well sorry for sharing that and hope you don’t feel grossed out hahaha. I am fine now though, and all is ok. Went on a super cool hike today in the mountains for our district activity and the view is amazing, the gospel is perfect and I’m truly living my dream here.



   I love you all and stay safe this week. Do the right thing and try every day to be better. Every day we learn and grow. I pray for you all and will see you all in like 16 months from now I think. You guys are my hero’s and a light to me and I look up to all of you.

 Follow the prophet, read your scriptures and pray.

Love you all!



Love Elder Davis












No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...