Monday, September 4, 2017

28th week recap

I Have  a Fan club in Linares
Well here I am again at my good old friend the computer. Well this week was crazy. Surprise meeting lots of time on the bus and then just random storms and random people yelling at us haha.
Well to start off thanks for all your love and support. You guys are honestly the best and I have truly felt all your love and prayers for me throughout my journey so far. It has been hard sometime not now but in the beginning, I did have some nights and mornings where I wanted to give up.   I thought I would never be able to do this but I kept pushing. The thing that helped me the most was feeling all your guys love and getting emails THANKS A TON!!!
  Ahhhh first something funny that happened this week is while on the way back from the bus station we ran into some fans I guess ahaha. So, we are the only people from the United States out here in Linares so it’s easy for everyone to tell it’s us because we are kind of white haha. A first on my mission is that while riding our bikes we turned a corner and there on the side of the road was a little group of people.  We kept riding minding our own business because we had a cita (appointment) to go to so we couldn’t stop and talk to them. We kept going and all of a sudden one of the people turned around and she screams at the top of her lungs the Americans AHHHHHhhhhhh and they all pulled their phones out and started to take pictures of us hahaha. Well it was really funny and once we turned the next corner we stopped and had a good laugh because we couldn’t believe what had just happened.
 Also, this week it rained a ton, yesterday we were out in the middle of the town when it started and we were headed to a meeting about the time it started pouring. So, we got stuck in a thunder storm in Centro (Center) and had to wait it out. While waiting, Elder Snow and I ran out into the street and the storm which dumped so much water the streets were flooded to help some people pull these giant inflatables that were being taken down the street by the water.
Fun times on the mission fun times haha.
    The work this week was ok we just faced a lot of opposition that made it a little tough on us. I have truly learned that before we achieve good thing or receive blessing we must go through trails and opposition because there are 2 sides to everything. I know that sometimes it can get really hard and sometimes it doesn’t come easy but that is when we need to put our heads down pray and just receive the help from the Savior.
 We were able to do some good contacting this week but it seemed that a lot of people didn’t want to listen to us or they were just all too busy. We kept smiling and found some awesome people who have that special desire to learn and listen. I know that it takes patience to listen to us and especially, haha because I don’t speak Spanish perfect. Sometimes it’s just really funny because I don’t understand them and they don’t understand me haha.
   The truth though is that the work here is truly amazing and the truth is that it’s all true. I love my time here and I do love this gospel with all my heart. It has been the greatest blessing in my life. It has gotten me through hard times and has helped me receive answers to some of the biggest questions I have ever had. I bear my testimony of the truthfulness of it all. It is filled with love and help. I don’t want you to only believe my word though. That’s what we always tell everyone here. Ask god about it! He is there for you and he knows all. He knows all and he loves you. You all have a Father in Heaven and I invite all you this week to pray to him and ask him a question because in love he will answer you. I love all you guys a ton.
Have a great amazing week and keep pushing through all things.
 Pray and read the scriptures and go to church they all help.... I promise!
 Love Elder Davis



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...