Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week 64.............Mother I love you, Mother I do!




First off HAPPY late Mother’s Day to all you special Mothers.



I hope you all had a fantastic day yesterday because you all truly do so much for your families and for everyone in your lives. I know you do. Also, to all others who are not mothers I know you guys are very important also and thank you for all you do, I hope you all had a great week!



  To start off the week this week we had interviews with President! It was an amazing time as always, but this time was for sure bitter sweet with President McArthur. That is because it was more than likely my last time having an Interview with him because next change he ends his mission. I will miss him and his wife so much! They have blessed my life these past 14 months and I know they have taught me many things that will help me later on in life.

They are true Examples of Christ and are some of the biggest examples I will always look up to!



The rest of the week was somewhat out of the normal also. We did have to make time Wednesday for one of my Companions Elder Mahecha to do his Mother’s Day video chat home. Then on Thursday we also had to go back so that Elder Samayoa could do his!

I know though that both of them had a great time talking with their families but especially their Mothers. Besides the calls we really tried to stay focused this week in the work. It is tough sometimes though to be honest when you know you get to see your family and talk to them over face chat.

So, to distract us from that Saturday morning we spent with a family in our ward eating pancakes haha. It has low key and has become a monthly event for us and I surly enjoy the pancakes we get to enjoy. 



We were able to focus in though and that paid off with a grand blessing for us! The blessing was that our investigator Paola got baptized yesterday. It was such a sweet experience to be a part of and the thing I will remember the most will be the smile she had on her face the whole entire time. It was so special!



 Then finally it was my turn yesterday to see and talk to my lovely mother and my amazing family! It was such a wonderful time and I enjoyed every second I had with them. I truly love them with my whole heart and soul and would give everything for them. It is crazy to think that this was already my 3rd call home on the mission and that I only have 1 more.

All of them have been so special though and they are blessings to us missionaries also ha. It was great to see my family and I hope all of you got to spend the day yesterday with your families also if you could.



I hope you all always remember how important the family is. It is a gift we all have from a loving Heavenly Father. A family is the best place to learn and grow because there should always be love at home. I invite you all this week if it is possible to spend more time with your families. Build your relationships and fortify them. Together you will become stronger and will feel the love of our Savior through the members of your family. If you are away from your family and can’t be with them physically just do all you can to make your family feel your love. Remind them how important they are to you!



 I just want to finish reminding you all how important you are to me and to our Father in Heaven and Our Savior. I know they love you so much. I know they are there for you always. If you need them pray and you will receive the help you need if you have the Faith.



Also, I love you all. I pray for the best to come upon all of you this week. If you need me I am here. I'm an email and a week away, I will answer your email next week. ( davis.l@myldsmail.net) I will try to do all I can to help you all. That is my wish. That is my goal. To follow the Example of Our Father in Heaven and our Savior. 



 I leave you all with a question... What are your goals that you have right now? I want you all to think about them if you have them and then make them come to pass. If you don't have any goals, make some and then do your best to complete them. You all can complete your goals I know you can!



I will tell you also, a better way of making goals is taking in the consideration of the goals our Father in Heaven has for each and every one of us.

 So, I invite you to NOT forget his advice that he has for you when you set goals.

 I love you all! Have a wonderful week!



 LOVE your Friend Elder Davis!


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...