Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Week 62........."THE BIG 3"


Yep if you have read the title before you are reading this you might be wondering why I put that. Well I decided to put that because I am now working in a Group of 3 missionaries. It’s called a trio and to be completely honest I don't know if the name for it is Spanish or English or both I forget hahaha.

So anyways the new life of being in the trio has been so interesting and fun. Time has also flown bye because we have had so much to do!

To start it all off we got moved into the trio last Wednesday. I really had no idea what was going to happen to me after I said good bye to my other companion until Wednesday morning. That is when I talked with the Assistants to President and they let me know the plan.

So that morning they came and picked me up from the offices, then just like that we had to start planning and trying to figure out how to do all the things we had to do. We first talked about the areas because the 3 of us are now working in 2 areas. Their area which is called Escobedo and then mine which is Los Elizondo. Well to give you guys more of an example what it’s like, their area is like Roseville and then mine is like Rocklin. The areas touch and the house we decided to stay at isn't too far from both the areas so that helps.
One of the other things that was wild to plan out was which days to work in what area and then the food appointments. So, we prayed for help and thankfully we received the help we needed to get everything planned and now it is going smooth. It has been a lot of fun to be in a trio. Working is so different then just being with one other person and it’s so much fun to teach with 2 other people, to contact and ever thing! I honestly love it and I'm having a ton of fun and learning a lot! I think that the most amazing thing is that I have been able to learn again and again how important it is to have trust.

This week has been so crazy and with so many new things going on, truly we have really all had to focus on trusting one another. From lessons with investigators, to the wards that we are working in, everything we did has started with trust. We always need to have trust and I love how I have been able to truly relearn that over and over again.

Also, I have seen how we need to always stay calm and relaxed and to let the small things go. With us combining the two areas we had to talk about everything with everyone and there are always different ideas that people have. So, it was so amazing to see the trust everyone had in the plan that was taking shape and to have Faith that this is what needs to happen right now.

I love my Father in Heaven for this opportunity. I have learned so much this week from Elder Samayoa and Elder Mahecha, by the way those are the names of my new companions!

Last thing really quick... We went to the temple today that's why I'm writing on a Wednesday and it was amazing. I love the temple and I love the time I got to spend there today. I know with all my heart it’s the House of God.

Well after that we had our district activity which we had planned to go visit a museum in the center of Monterrey. We did get to go to the museum and it was amazing, but we also came across another surprise. I guess there are some Baseball teams that are from the USA that are going to be playing here in Monterrey this week, I think the Dodgers and the Padres.
Anyways this whole week they are having like a pump-up thing with games that are free and everything. Like a pitching booth, batting and just all things to do with baseball. SO, we got to walk around that which was a ton of fun and we got to play some of the games haha. That's all I have for this week!

I know this was a long one but thanks for all your support! I love you all and you all are so important to me and your Heavenly Father and your Savior. I testify to you with all my heart that they love you all so much and that they are always there to help you! Have an amazing week this week!

Always choose the right and keep smiling!
Love your best friend in the whole world
Elder Davis!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...