Thursday, March 30, 2017

6th letter from the Mexico City MTC

It's sad to see friends leave that's for sure. This week I said goodbye to the group that is a week ahead of us. This one was by far the one filled with the most friends that we have seen leave. On Saturday though before they left I had one of the coolest and sweetest moments here in the mtc and probably in my life. While walking back to our apartments we saw some Elder and sisters waiting outside a classroom and we went to talk to them to say Buenos Noches and see how they where doing. They told us they were about to go sing for the group that was leaving and told us we should join. So of course we did haha. This was Elder sanders, Elder Potter and Elder Szendre and I who joined.. Well anyways we got in like 2 half circles elders on one side and sisters on the other side and we started to sing the EFY medley. I have sang this song many times but I can not recall a time ever when I felt the spirit so strong and when the words touched my heart so much. I will remember those 5 mins in that room for the rest of my life. I love this gospel. It brings so much happiness to this world and to the people who live it. I know with my heart that this gospel that I'm apart of is true. I have felt the love and comfort of my Savior. This week in general has been kinda hard and slow but I have definitely seen the blessings that I have needed. Spanish out of the blue has came in Leaps and bounds it's crazy. I still have lots of work to do and I'm not super super good at it but it has come easier this week then any week before. I know this is through the gift of tongues. I don't think I have prayed so much in my life and I have been comforted and blessed according to what I needed each day. I have had some of the most spiritual experiences of my life the last couple days one being the above story that I will hold on my heart forever. It is amazing to see people you teach change and it's even more crazier to have someone tell you and your companion that you where an answer to their prayers with the things you taught them and then to have another person say that later on. it is truly a testament that the Holy Ghost speaks though us because there is no other way that is possible. I know and testify it was the Holy Ghost helping us in everything we said. So real fast I want to switch to something else haha. This weekend we have a great opportunity so this opportunity  weekend is general conference. I invite you all to sit down and listen to these amazing men and women of God. I promise to those who listen with there whole heart, act In faith, pray about it and take notes, that they will receive the feelings oh the holy ghost  and will feel something very special . I'm so excited to be able to watch it here in the MTC it will be amazing and another thing.. 1 general conference down 3 more to go after this week before I will return home haha. That crazy but it's amazing. It will be sad to say good bye to these great Elders and Hermanas in 4 days  but saying good bye makes for good memories. I know I will see some again also.
 Well the next email you get from me, I should be in Monterrey Mexico trying to teach the amazing people that I love already YEE YEEE!!!! Oh how fast time goes by. Oh ya and mom I probably should have let you know before but we totally get to call home when we get to the airport so if the phone rings at like 2  in the morning it's me haha you don't have to pick up its whatever but ya your choice. Well love you all. Be safe this week and remember you are never alone and God loves you. Never forget to pray!  You can always pray no matter what. Ohhhhh I might be the big Ole 20 years old also the next time you get an email hahaha crazy crazy. Love those around you and serve all. Till next week God be with you.
With love Elder Davis







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...