Monday, January 29, 2018

49th week ReCap ......First Week with Elder Fuentes!



 What’s is good my family and friends!!

I hope all is going how you want it to go and that you are all having a good time where ever you might be.
Well this week flew bye and I think part of that was getting a new companion and learning about his life and then learning how he works and how we work together. First off, I think Elder Fuentes might become my best and favorite companion in my mission. He has 21 months now, so he knows what he is doing, and he has already taught me so many things. He is from Honduras #Shout out to Elder Howes who is doing work down there haha.

We work great together and there has been no issues at all, so it has been so amazing. We also had a great first week together and worked as hard as we could and saw blessings come from that. I would have to say it was one of the best weeks in my mission and it’s all looking good right now. Also having to speak only Spanish now has been so much fun haha. I love speaking Spanish to be honest and I know I’m going to be able to improve my Spanish a lot over these next coming months which will be such a blessing.

So, something super cool that happened this week was we received a very special Reference. So here in the mission we can receive references for people who want to receive the lessons from us and want to learn more about the church, we usually get those from members. So, on Saturday we got a call from the City of Mexico which has a visitor center for the church. The visitor’s center called us and gave us a reference for this girl named Lizbeth. Well we call Lizbeth after we got her information and we got to talk to her we then invited her to come to church Sunday. Well she came to church yesterday and she loved it. She is 19 years old and it was so cool because she ended up having a really good friend that is a member of our ward we cover, we then also found out that she had referred herself to the church. She is such an example to me about going out and doing something to find out the answers.

We cannot just sit back and wait for everything to come to us. We must do our part and she has showed me what that truly means. Well other crazy fun things happened this week one being that sometimes I still don't understand Spanish and this week I truly did not understanding some Spanish. I then said something way random back to the people, but it was super funny and Elder Fuentes got a good laugh out of that one. Life is great here in Mexico and here in my mission and I am truly having the greatest time in my life.

Keep doing everything you all can to be in the position to fill the Holy Ghost. Read the scriptures and pray. Act on the promptings you might receive and do your part. Be there for everyone who needs you. Be there for things that will change your life. I know with all my heart that we all have a purpose here in the earth. We are all so very special to our Father in Heaven. The time will come when we will return to our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ and they will be waiting for us with open arms and be waiting to welcome us home. Be there for that and be worthy for that. I know they live and that they love every single one of us.

I can feel their love for you all. Have a sweet Week haha!

With love Elder Davis.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 101............Onto the Final ONE....

Dear Family and Friends!!! What a great, amazing, happy day it is today! I say that because honestly everyday can be a happy day if ...